Published on September 9th, 2013 | by SharnOfTheDEAD1
PS Vita TV announced!
At the end of Sony’s TGS conference they ended with the announcement of the a new and exciting device called PS Vita TV!
The PS Vita TV is tiny a device; just 6 centimeters by 10 centimeters, said Sony’s Andrew House. It will let users enjoy things such as video services on their television, including Hulu and Nico Nico. It will also play some 1,300 software titles from the PS Vita, PSP and the original PlayStation!
Here are the basic details on the new hardware:
- 6cm by 10cm.
- Lets you play Vita games on your television
- DualShock 3 controller
- Card slot for Vita games, and accepts Vita memory cards
- Let you use video streaming services (such as Hulu)
- Let you play PSone Classics and PSP games through it,
- Connects to PlayStation 4 so that you can play Vita games through PS4,
- Launches in Japan on November 14th, and will cost 9,480 Yen ($95), (£63)
- Version with a 8 gig Vita memory card and a DualShock 3 controller will cost 14,980 ($150),(£96).
The Device will act as a companion device letting you stream also stream PS4 games to your TV, for example, a user could access PS4 games, music, and movies from a bedroom TV, even if the PS4 is hooked up to the living room television.
This looks like a brilliant companion device for PS4, it’s also small enough to take with you on your travels and hook up to your Gran’s TV when your bored, it also seems like a nice alternative to a Vita also. I also wonder if there’s possibility of being able to stream to a tablet device which would be an awesome feature. The device is pretty much a solid answer for devices such as Ouya and even the Wii U for that matter! As of yet European and US release dates are to be announced
We will be updating with more news about Vita TV as it comes in.